June 24, 2020
Title IX Virtual Training Workshop for Clients
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
On May 6, 2020, the United States Department of Education released final regulations under Title IX, the federal law which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance. These highly-anticipated final regulations are scheduled to become effective on August 14, 2020.
This virtual training workshop will help your agency or institution understand and implement an effective Title IX Program, and will cover training topics required in the final rules, including:
- An overview of the updated Title IX complaint process, key definitions, and roles in an effective Title IX program;
- Training for investigators, including required training in how to sort through evidence to determine relevance and make impartial findings of fact;
- Training for decision-makers, with break-out sessions tailored to the unique needs of K-12 and Higher Education, including training in making decisions on questions of relevance, conducting live hearings, rape shield protections, and making impartial decisions based on the record;
- Training for Title IX coordinators, including defining roles and responsibilities, and developing and maintaining a compliant Title IX program; and
- Training in considering and implementing supportive measures and informal resolution.
Who Should Participate: All Title IX coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and other administrators and staff who have a role in implementing Title IX for your agency or institution.
The webinar will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live session. Recordings will be available for 90 days following the date of the webinar.
- 8:30-9:15 – Title IX Overview: Rebecca Reif
- 9:15-10:45 – Title IX Investigator Training: Miriam Van Heukelem
- 10:45-11:00 – Break
- 11:00-12:15 – Title IX Decision-Maker Training
- K-12: Kristy Latta and Carrie Weber
- Higher Ed: Rebecca Reif and Ann Smisek
- 12:15-1:00 – Lunch Break
- 1:00-1:30 – Live Q&A from Morning Sessions: Miriam Van Heukelem and Rebecca Reif
- 1:30-2:45 – Title IX Coordinator Training: Miriam Van Heukelem and Ann Smisek
- 2:45-3:00– Break
- 3:00-4:00 – Training on Supportive Measures and Informal Resolution
- K-12: Miriam Van Heukelem and Carrie Weber
- Higher Ed: Kristy Latta and Rebecca Reif
- 4:00-4:30 – Live Q&A from Afternoon Sessions: Miriam Van Heukelem and Rebecca Reif
Continuing Education Credits:
Ahlers & Cooney has submitted applications to SHRM, IASBO, and CLE. Approved activity codes will be provided after June 24.
These prices are per agency; you may have as many people attend the webinar or listen to the recording as you’d like.
- Full-day Workshop – live and/or recording: $900
This is a 10% discount for any agency registering for the full day.
All attendees who listen live will also receive the recording.
- Individual Presentation(s) ONLY: $250 per topic (includes 45-minute Title IX Overview with each)
Van Heukelem, Miriam