September 16, 2016
Registration - 8:30 am
Seminar - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
8600 Northpark Drive
Johnston, Iowa 50131
This seminar is for Higher Education Administrators, Title IX Coordinators and Investigators of all experience levels. The seminar will hold sessions designed for informational purposes, as well as interaction and discussion of Title IX issues.
Sessions will include:
- Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Act - Legal Concepts and Policies
- Roundtable discussion on common and complicated Title IX cases
- "New" transgender/gender identity issues under Title IX
- Panel Discussion: Inside an OCR investigation
- Title IX Investigations: The "Nuts and Bolts" of investigation strategies, witness interviewing, report drafting, and a special presentation on trauma-informed care relating to campus professionals
Sessions will be presented and facilitated by Ahlers & Cooney attorneys, with specially invited outside presenters.
Questions: Contact Rebecca Reif via email at email@example.com or telephone 515-246-0347.
©2016 Ahlers & Cooney, P.C. All Rights Reserved.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. This disclosure is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa. Memberships and offices in legal fraternities and legal societies, technical and professional licenses, and memberships in scientific, technical and professional associations and societies of law or field of practice does not mean that a lawyer is a specialist or expert in a field of law, nor does it mean that such lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. This notice is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa.