AHLERS & COONEY, P.C.
HOT TOPICS IN SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday, January 22, 2016
Des Moines Botanical Center
909 Robert D. Ray Drive
Des Moines, IA 50309
Note: We are charging a nominal fee of $100 per person ($75 per each additional registrant) to cover the basic costs of the seminar (e.g., room rental, food, and beverage) in order not to violate Iowa's gift law
Email registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 515.243.2149
- Superintendents, Special Education Directors, and others with District-wide responsibility for implementation and monitoring of special education program
- Building principals, counselors and school psychologists, education consultants, and others with day-to-day responsibility for developing and supervising implementation of IEPs
- Due process has been filed, now what? Includes a panel discussion of directors who have been there
- Open Forum: Bring your best (non-student-specific) questions
- "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. X": Who is a parent and what are their rights?
- Everybody's Living, Learning, Working for the Transition: IDEA-Compliant Transition Planning for the 21st Century
- Bullying and harassment of and by the disabled child
- Eligibility Under the Federal and Iowa Systems
- Meeting Students' Mental Health Needs
- It's Not Always a Group Hug (And That's Okay): Managing difficult IEP meetings
- Drafting Defensible IEPs and PWNs
- Law & Order: Special Education Student Discipline Unit
- "We Can't Do That": What Is - And Is Not - Within the Scope of the IEP Team's Authority
- "We Can Do That": Lesser-known Related Services and when to consider them