Conner L. Wasson
100 Court Avenue, Suite 600
Des Moines, IA 50309
J.D. (with High Honors), Drake University, 2014
B.S. (Business Administration), Northern Illinois University, 2010
Conner Wasson’s practice focuses on real estate transactions, environmental law, corporate law, contract negotiation and executive compensation. He has experience representing businesses, non-profit organizations, individuals, and educational institutions in the buying, selling and leasing of commercial and residential property.
Conner serves as the firm’s Real Estate & Environmental Law Practice Group leader. In his environmental law practice, Conner advises industrial, municipal and educational institutions on state and federal law compliance issues, including waste water, groundwater, surface water, storm water, hazardous waste, solid waste, underground storage tanks, above-ground storage tanks, and asbestos.
Conner's general corporate practice involves a wide variety of matters, including the organization of entities, governance of closely-held businesses, and mergers and acquisitions of family-owned and closely-held businesses.
Conner joined the firm in 2014 upon graduation from Drake Law School, where he served as Article Editor of the Drake Law Review in 2013-14.
- Representing buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants in commercial real estate transactions.
- Drafting documents related to real estate transactions, including purchase agreements, leases, closing documents, options and exchanges.
- Advising and representing industrial, municipal and educational institutions in compliance issues arising from both Iowa and federal environmental law.
- Representing industrial, municipal and educational institutions in negotiation and/or appeal of water and land use permits, including construction permits, NPDES permits, and landfill permits.
- Advising buyers and sellers of family-owned and closely-held businesses.
American Bar Association
Environment, Energy & Resources Section
Iowa State Bar Association
Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section
Real Estate Section
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
Order of the Coif
Iowa Supreme Court Scholar, 2013-2014
American Law Institute, Scholarship & Leadership Award (faculty awarded), 2014
Conners's most recent speaking engagements include:
Iowa State Association of County Auditors, Summer Conference, “The Auditor’s role in Real Estate Transactions,” with Jason Comisky, July 2019
Published Articles & Books
Exploring the Original Meaning of Article I Section 6 of the Iowa Constitution, 66 Drake Law Review 147, (co-authored with Justice Edward Mansfield), 2018
Iowa’s Animal Torture Law following State v. Meerdink: A Call For Clarity and Enforcement, 62 Drake Law Review 743, (co-authored with Danielle Shelton), 2014
Professional, Community and Civic Leadership
ISBA Real Estate Section, Iowa Title Standards Committee (2017 - present)
Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, Class of 2017-2018
Adjunct Professor of Law, Drake Law School (2017 - present)
Drake Environmental & Sustainability Law Advisory Committee (2017 - present)
Iowa Legal Aid, Volunteer Intake Attorney
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, Volunteer