Logan S. Brundage
100 Court Avenue, Suite 600
Des Moines, IA, 50309
J.D. (Highest Honors), Drake University Law School, 2021
B.A., Duke University, 2016
Logan joined the firm in 2021 as a member of the Government Law Practice Area and works closely with cities, counties, and other governmental entities in the exercise of their powers and in litigation.
With a General Municipal practice, Logan serves clients across a range of operations, such as policy development, risk avoidance, public bidding, public records, open meetings, and more. He also reviews and prepares contracts, ordinances, agreements, and resolutions. Within the Economic Development/Urban Renewal portion of his practice, Logan advises Iowa municipalities on the utilization of various economic development tools and programs.
During law school, he was an intern for the Honorable Christopher McDonald, Iowa Supreme Court; a Summer Associate at Ahlers & Cooney; and the Executive Editor of the Drake Law Review. As a teaching assistant at Drake Law School, he instructed and advised first-year law students on the fundamentals of legal research and writing.
Prior to law school, Logan spent two years at Oracle’s corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas as a Customer Success Manager. During his time in the technology space, he managed commercial and nonprofit cloud software accounts valued at $5.8 million, promoting product adoption, coordinating customer projects and contract renewals, and building strong customer relationships in an industry-leading Customer Success model.
Order of the Coif
Order of the Barristers
Drake Law School National Moot Court Team
- Best Regional Brief (2020-2021)
- Best Regional Brief, Regional Champions, National Semi-Finalists (2019-2020)
Drake Law School Supreme Court Day Competition
- Rodney L. Hudson Appellate Advocacy Award (2021)
- M. Gene Blackburn Best Brief Award (2021)
Iowa State Association of County Auditors, "You May Be in 'Jeopardy' - Hot Topics for Clerks to Stay out of 'Trouble'," with Maria Brownell, June 2022
Published Articles & Books
“A Citizens’ Initiative Against Citizens United: Montana’s Efforts to Clean Up Money in Politics,” 69 Drake L. Rev. 923 (2022)
Professional, Community and Civic Leadership
Drake University Law School
- Student Bar Association, 2L & 3L Honor Board Representative (2019-2021)
- James A. Albert Foundation, Law School Fundraising Chair (2018-2020)
American Legion Hawkeyes Boys State, City Counselor (2012-2019)
- Duke Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee, Volunteer Interviewer (2020-2021)
- Duke Alumni of Austin, Board Secretary (2017-2018)
- Duke Writing Program, Undergraduate Writing Tutor (2014-2016)